DSS Recruitment 2020/2021 | Department of State Service Recruitment Form. The Department of State Security officially made their registration portal open, which means registration has officially begun on the DSS portal.
This article was published to help readers, and interested applicants become more prepared as we will unveil the processes, requirements, guidelines and proper means of applying for the recruitment program.
Please read and digest this article to the end. As we take you through the journey of becoming a successful DSS recruit.
Steps to Take When Applying for the Department of State Security Recruitment Exercise
- You should write a formal letter that indicates your Local Government of Origin. Please note that the letter should be signed by the head of your Local Government Area Council, or any top official in your Local Government.
- The application letter must be handwritten, and it should be directed to the Director General, Department of State Service.
- Your complete Statement of Results is required.
- Applicants should provide two recent passport photographs, preferably with a color background.
- Once these processes have been duly followed, you would have to contact the Department of State Security headquarters in your State Of Origin, and then you submit your application.
We all expect to get shortlisted after going through due process of application and registration. However, there have been minimal or no planning at all concerning what happens after an applicant gets successfully shortlisted.
In this article, we will exhaustively relate to you what to expect during the Department of State Security recruitment interview, and how to be successful during the interview exercise.
Shortlisting Tips For The DSS Recruitment
- Take note of the following business etiquette, as it will definitely help you, not just in this recruitment opportunity, but in other ones as well.
- You should appear professional and confident at all times.
- Be prompt and keep to time
- Endeavor to appreciate the screening officer for taking time to meet with you, both at the beginning and end of the interview session.
- You must learn to dress responsibly at all times. This cannot be over emphasized. Be moderate in your outfit daily.
- You should ensure that you sit only when asked to, and not because you assume a sit should be yours.
- Make sure you keep all mobile devices, as well as any electronic devices turned off, as at the time of the interview.
- Keep a positive and friendly attitude at all times.
- This you can do by making sure you
- Watch your body language at all times. How you react determines and tells a lot about you.
- Positive Carriage will guide you through. Be optimistic about the outcome, and always stay relaxed.
- If necessary, ask for clarification at any point in time. Interviewers admire people who are bold enough to ask questions during their interview.
- Ensure you converse in a clear language. Make sure you are not too fast or too slow while speaking. You should be able to speak fluently at all times.
- Questions should be properly answered at all times. This is done by;
- Take a short Pause before answering so you can allow yourself think and come up with the best answer in the shortest possible time. This goes a long way to prove to the screening officer that you have carefully considered your answer before responding.
- It is advisable to practice your answers before your interview. Already practiced answers make you sound more confident and sure of your abilities.
- Lastly, try to eliminate the number of times you say words like; you know, um, uh. Words like that makes you sound unsure, and are very unprofessional.
15. Be an expert in your communication skills. This implies that you should be able to interact brilliantly and responsibly at all times. However, if you lack the skill of proper communication, it makes the screening officer to note the following;
- You lack the skill to perform well in work situations involving your colleagues, and customers.
- You will be poor in properly relating or communicating with your conversation partner.
DSS recruitment portal– www.dss.gov.ng
Requirements for DSS Recruitment
The Department of State Security invites qualified candidates who possess the requirements to apply for Department of State Service recruitment 2020. So, if you wanna serve your country through the Department of State Security, feel free to go through the requirements indicated below.
- All Candidates should be inherent citizens of nigeria who are either Nigerians by birth or are born to Nigerian parents.
- Male applicants should be at least 1.7m tall
- Female applicants should be at least 1.64m tall
- The expanded chest measurement of the candidate must be at least 0.87 meters
- The applicants should be cleared by a Government Medical Officer to be free of any life threatening illnesses;
- The applicants must be mentally fit
- The applicants should be physically fit for service;
- Applicants who have any of the following physical disorders should not bother applying:
- Speaking/communication disabilities;
- Pregnant women;
- Major orthopedic operations in the past;
- Flat Foot;
9. All intended applicants must possess a clean criminal record and should in no way be affiliated to arrests, drugs, crimes, vandalization among others.
10. Candidates who exceed 30 years of age shouldn’t bother applying for DSS Nigeria.
Educational Requirements for DSS recruitment 2020
Below are educational requirements for DSS recruitment. Please do not ignore this part of this post because you may feel it is not important; it is pretty important and it’s importance cannot be overemphasized.
Please if you know that you do not possess this educational requirements, do not bother applying as it is a backbone for selection in this year’s recruitment exercise.
Note that the least qualification for DSS recruitment is a Bachelors Degree with a Second Class Upper Division CGP. Also, if you do not have a Bachelor’s degree in the below listed courses, you can provide a National Certificate of Education/National Diploma from a recognized institution.
Take Note: Medical Doctors, Officers, Consultants, Dental Officers as well as Nurses can also apply for DSS recruitment Nigeria. If you however fall under this category, you must have a Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Licence.
How to Apply for DSS recruitment
The application process for the SSS recruitment is usually not done online.If you possess the requirements and are ready to start your application,visit their portal for more info and also take down the information below.
Make sure you follow these steps;
- Write a letter which indicates your local government of origin (It should be signed by the L.G.A council or anyone in top position in your local government)
- Handwritten application letter to The Director-General, State Security Service, Abuja.
- Statements of results;
- Two color passport photos.
Once these are handy, make proper contact with the SSS -State Security Service headquarters in your state of origin and submit your documents.
Also on DSS Recruitment Exercise
- Carry out an intensive the organization or agency. Get all the information you can lay your hands on about them, so that you can excel and stand out perfectly, where such questions are put out.
- You must demonstrate passion and enthusiasm always.
- Lastly, you should always ensure that in every opportunity granted to you, you need to prove that you are a great fit for the job. Make sure that you always back your enthusiasm up with facts.