The NIS recruitment is currently ongoing. This article was posted after series of intensive research concerning the Immigration Service for the 2019 recruitment exercise. This post relates all the necessary requirements, guidelines, application and qualifications, involved in the recruitment process of the Nigerian Immigration Service.
For interested candidates, it is highly recommended that you follow this article to the end, as every information displayed are very vital. The information relayed in this article gives applicants an edge in the ongoing Immigration Service recruitment.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SERVICE RECRUITMENT 2019
- All candidates must be inherent citizens of the Country (Nigeria).
- Certain certificates cannot be ignored. These certificates or degrees must be presented by interested applicants, as they will determine the qualification status of the applicant.
- Ex-convicts are not permitted to apply for the Immigration Exercise.
- Applicants should also have a criminal free record. They must not be involved in illegal and malicious activities like vandalism, cultism, drug dealings, etc.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers are not also permitted to apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- Interested applicants should be financially stable, and must avoid every form of financial embarrassment.
- The height requirement for the male applicants is a minimum of 1.65 meters, while the minimum height requirement for the female applicants is 1.60 meters.
- It should be noted that the age range of applicants should be within eighteen (18) years to thirty (30) years.
- Candidates that are computer experts or have basic computer knowledge will have an edge, compared to other candidates.
- All candidates should have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters.
- All applicants, prior to the time of application must have a clean health record. And must not have undergone any major orthopedic surgery.
- Applicants must be mentally and physically fit. Interested applicants that are physically challenged are not permitted to apply for the NIS recruitment exercise. Physically challenges talked about includes;
- Flat foot
- Knocked knees
- Defected eye sight
- Bent knees
- Bent or fractured arm
- Physical deformity
- Bow legs
- Amputated body parts
- Hunch back
- Speech impediment
- Hearing impaired
- K-shaped leg
- Limp legs
- Medical challenges/ chronic illnesses
POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR THE NIS RECRUITMENT 2019
There are just a few positions available for the Nigerian Immigration Service for the 2019 recruitment exercise. Currently, there are only three available positions in the immigration service. They include;
- Inspectorate cadre: senior inspector of immigration (SII)
- Assistant inspector of immigration (AII)
- Superintendent Cadre: assistant superintendent of immigration (ASI)
HOW TO APPLY FOR NIS RECRUITMENT 2019
- The first step is to log in to the NIS official portal nisrecruitment.org.ng
- Input a valid and functional email address and a password. It will be your log in details, when next you visit the portal.
- Visit your email after you have registered with it. A verification link will be sent to your Email and you have to click on it to prove that the email was not forged.
- You must activate the verification link by clicking on it from your email.
- Now, you can pay a visit to the NIS portal to properly complete your registration.
FUNCTIONS OF THE NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SERVICE (NIS)
- The Nigerian Immigration Service is charged with the responsibility of monitoring the movement of people, in and out of the country.
- NIS is also responsible for the issuance of travelling documents to citizens of Nigeria, in Diaspora.
- They also ensure the safety of Nigerians via border patrol and strict surveillance.
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Academic Qualifications
The following are the educational requirements and qualifications for interested applicants for the 2019 NIS recruitment exercise. Please read carefully, as absence of this qualification could render your application invalid.
The Certificates below are the required educational requirements of the NIS recruitment. It is divided into two categories:
JOB RECRUITMENT NIGERIAN AIR FORCE RECRUITMENT 2019/2020 | APPLICATION PORTAL
- The West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE). With at least three (3) credits, including core subjects like English Language. And at minimum of two (2) credit passes.
- The National Examination Council (NECO), or the General Certificate of Education (GCE), with a minimum of four (4) credit passes, including core subjects like English Language. The required result should be obtained in one sitting or five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings.
- A National Certificate of Education (NCE), should be obtained from a renowned institution.
- A National Diploma (ND) should be obtained from a recognized institution in Nigeria.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE), with credits in at least two (2) core subjects, including English Language, obtained at one sitting, or three (3) credit passes in core subjects including English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings.
COMPUTER BASED TEST
The Nigerian Immigration Service has made a general announcement concerning the computer based test. The NIS has related the information to the general public that there will be a computer based test for successful applicants. The names and location of the computer based examination venues will be related to all successful applicants.
The official deadline for the NIS recruitment application has not been announced yet, but information will be duly circulated once it is updated on the official NIS portal https://immigration.gov.ng/
Interested candidates in the NIS recruitment application form, should note that the NIS form is free of charge. It is however advised that you stay away from fraudulent individuals who claim to have access to the NIS application form.
Keep visiting this page to get updated on the NIS recruitment. Also visit this page for more recruitment opportunities.
It is also important to note that the official portal for the Nigerian Immigration service is https://immigration.gov.ng/
Hope we satisfied your curiosity concerning the NIS Recruitment?
Video on Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
kindly reach us and share your thoughts via the comment section below. We cherish how you feel, as we are ready to attend to all your questions.