The National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA), being one of the top Oil Spill Detection Agency in Nigeria, was established by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Act of 2006.
The Agency is charged with the responsibility for detection, preparedness, and response to all oil spillages in the Country.
The General Public, as well as candidates interested in the 2020 NOSDRA recruitment exercise have been anticipating for latest information on the recruitment exercise of the National Oil Spill Detection And Response Agency.
The level of anticipation on NOSDRA recruitment has led to the following questions;
- When will the 2020 NOSDRA Recruitment start?
- How can I apply for NOSDRA Recruitment 2020/2021?
- How can I get updates on the 2020 NOSDRA recruitment information?
- Where to obtain the 2020 NOSDRA Recruitment form?
- Is the NOSDRA official Recruitment Portal Open for Registration?
- How can I purchase the 2020 NOSDRA Recruitment application form?
- When will the NOSDRA Recruitment end?
- Is the 2020 NOSDRA Recruitment form out?
In this unique article, we have successfully provided the answers to these questions. Other important topics like the requirements and academic qualifications, as well the general guidelines and procedures for applying for the National Oil Spill Detection And Response Agency recruitment have all be discussed in this article.
If you are interested in this recruitment exercise, it is important that you pay full attention and carefully read all the information disclosed in this article. This article holds updated and reliable information on the 2020 NOSDRA recruitment.
Kindly read to the end for more details on what the NOSDRA recruitment entails.
OBJECTIVES OF NOSDRA
The objectives of the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency have been outline below. According to the NOSDRA establishment Act, the objective of the Agency shall be to implement the National Oil Spill Contingency Plan (NOSCP) for the Federal republic of Nigeria as follows;
- NOSDRA develops implement an appropriate audit system for the entire plan.
- NOSDRA helps to establish a productive National Operational Organization that ensures a safe, effective and appropriate response to major Oil pollution activities.
- They facilitate the establishment of agreements with neighboring countries regarding the rapid movement of equipment, personnel and supplies into and out of the countries for emergency oil spill response activities.
- They maximize the effective use of the available resources of corporate bodies, their international connections and oil spill cooperatives.
- They Oil Spill Detection Agency provides a program of activation, drill and training exercises to ensure readiness to oil pollution preparedness and the management of operational personnel in the Country.
FUNCTIONS OF NOSDRA
The functions of the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency are, but not limited to the following points;
- NOSDRA fulfills the implementation of the Plan for the removal of hazardous substances as may be issued by the Federal Government.
- NOSDRA is responsible for the surveillance of all existing environmental legislation, and also helps in the detection of oil spills in the petroleum sector.
- The National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency co-ordinates the implementation of the Plan as may be formulated, from time to time, by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- They receive reports of all oil spillages in Nigeria, and they assist in co-coordinating all oil spill response activities throughout the Federation.
The general requirements for the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency recruitment exercise are as follows;
- Candidates must be completely healthy, and must not be physically challenged.
- Applicants should be highly organized, with strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, both externally and internally.
- Candidates with strong interpersonal and communication skills have an edge.
- Applicants must have a clear criminal record.
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills.
- Candidate that are experts in basic computer applications have an edge. Basic computer applications include; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Access, Web applications and the use of other relevant applications.
- All interested candidates must be inherent citizens of Nigeria.
- Applicants must be creative, innovative and willing to adapt to new ideas and environment.
- Candidates must be certified by the Government Medical Officer.
Academic Qualifications For NOSDRA Recruitment
Applicants interested in the 2020 National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency recruitment, are to note the following qualifications listed below.
- A West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSC) with credit passes in not less than three (3) subjects including English, obtained at one sitting.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) (Advanced Level), with credit passes in at least two (2) subjects including English Language, obtained at one sitting, or credit passes in at least three (3) subjects including English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Possession of B.Sc., HND, NCE, OND certificate in any related discipline from a recognized institution
- A National Diploma (ND) Certificate, obtained from a recognized University.
- National Examination Council (NECO) Certificate, or a General Certificate of Education (GCE) (Ordinary Level), with credit passes in at least four (4) subjects including English Language, obtained at one sitting or credit passes in at least five (5) subjects including English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) Certificate, obtained from a recognized University.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants in the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) recruitment, should note that the application form for the 2020 National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) recruitment, is yet to be out.
However, you can visit the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) official portal for clarification; www.nosdra.gov.ng or regularly visit this page, as we will keep you updated as soon as the recruitment application form for this Agency is out.
Important Notice About The NOSDRA 2020 Recruitment
The 2020 National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) recruitment application form is not yet available. On this note, we would like to advise you to disregard any news about the availability of the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) recruitment form for now. Kindly avoid any affiliations in any way with regards to this kind of news, to avoid being misled.
This page will be automatically updated as soon as the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) recruitment application form is out. You are hereby advised to bookmark or save this page and reload it regularly, because we are expecting the form to be out soon, and we will keep you updated once it happens.
Candidates interested in the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) recruitment application, should note that they are allowed to apply for one job position only. Those who get themselves involved in multiple applications will render their entire application invalid.
The National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) recruitment online application for the 2020 recruitment exercise is absolutely free. And we advise that you do not pay money to anyone who claims to work with the board or anyone who claims to be selling the application form, because it is all free.
We absolutely cherish your opinion, and we look forward to getting one. Kindly comment below using the comment section, if you are interested in this recruitment exercise or any other recruitment opportunity, as we will keep you updated as soon as there is an update on this recruitment application form (or available forms).
See Other Jobs