The Nigerian Press Council (NPC) is the statutory body that governs ethical standards in the Nigerian National press. The Nigerian Press Council was officially created by Government decree in December 1992, and has been performing her duties excellently since its establishment.
Thousands of Nigerians apply for the Nigerian Press Council recruitment every year. This has made the recruitment exercise extremely competitive and difficult. In this article, we will show you how to succeed in the 2020 NPC recruitment with ease.
The anticipation on the 2020 recruitment exercise of the Nigerian Press Council has led to the following questions;
- How can I apply for NPC Recruitment 2020/2021?
- Is the 2020 NPC Recruitment form out?
- When will the NPC Recruitment end?
- Is the NPC official Recruitment Portal Open for Registration?
- Where to obtain the 2020 NPC Recruitment form?
- How can I purchase the 2020 NPC Recruitment application form?
- When will the 2020 NPC Recruitment start?
- How can I get updates on the 2020 NPC recruitment information?
In this article, you will get detailed information on the Nigerian Press Council recruitment. We have disclosed the answers to all the above asked questions, as well as information on the general requirements, academic qualifications, and all the NPC recruitment processes.
FUNCTIONS OF NPC
The various functions of the Nigerian Press Council (NPC) are, but not limited to the following;
- NPC monitors and supervises the activities of the Press with a view to ensure compliance with the Code of Professional and Ethical Conduct of the Nigeria Union of Journalists.
- NPC reviews developments that are likely to restrict the flow of information Nationwide. They also advise the Federal Government to engage in measures aimed at remedying such developments.
- The Nigerian Press Council makes proper enquiries into complaints about the conduct of any person or organization towards the Press.
- They conduct intensive researches into contemporary Press development in Nigeria, and also engage in updating Press documentation.
General Requirements For NPC Recruitment
The requirements for the 2020 NPC recruitment include the following;
- Candidates must be completely healthy, and must not be physically challenged.
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills.
- Candidates interested in Nigerian Press Council (NPC) should possess strong leadership and management skills.
- Candidate that are experts in basic computer applications have an edge. Basic computer applications include; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Access, Web applications and the use of other relevant applications.
- Applicants should be highly organized, with strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, both externally and internally.
- Applicants must be inherent citizens of Nigeria.
- Applicants must be creative, innovative and willing to adapt to new ideas and environment.
- A successful track record of consistent personal achievement and a desire to learn and improve.
Also have an insight into the required Academic qualification of the NPC recruitment for 2020.
Applicants interested in getting recruited under the Nigerian Press Council, should note the following academic qualifications;
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) (Advanced Level), with credit passes in at least two (2) subjects including English Language, obtained at one sitting, or credit passes in at least three (3) subjects including English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Possession of B.Sc., HND, NCE, OND certificate in any related discipline from a recognized institution
- A National Diploma (ND) Certificate, obtained from a recognized University.
- A West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSC) with credit passes in not less than three (3) subjects including English, obtained at one sitting.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) Certificate, obtained from a recognized University.
- National Examination Council (NECO) Certificate, or a General Certificate of Education (GCE) (Ordinary Level), with credit passes in at least four (4) subjects including English Language, obtained at one sitting or credit passes in at least five (5) subjects including English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings.
More On The Nigerian Press Council Recruitment
Candidates interested in the NPC recruitment for 2020 are advised to pay attention to the following point, to avoid being misled.
- All interested applicants in the Nigerian Press Council (NPC) recruitment, should note that the application form for the 2020 NPC recruitment, is yet to be out.
- Candidates interested in the Nigerian Press Council (NPC) recruitment application, should note that they are allowed to apply for one job position only. Those who get themselves involved in multiple applications will render their entire application invalid.
- The official Nigerian Press Council official recruitment portal is presscouncil.gov.ng. you can always visit the NPC portal for clarification.
- The Nigerian Press Council (NPC) recruitment online application for the 2020 recruitment exercise is absolutely free. And we advise that you do not pay money to anyone who claims to work with the board or anyone who claims to be selling the application form, because it is all free.
The 2020 Nigerian Press Council (NPC) recruitment application form is not yet available. On this note, we would like to advise you to disregard any news about the availability of the Nigerian Press Council (NPC) recruitment form for now. Kindly avoid any affiliations in any way with regards to this kind of news, to avoid being misled.
This page will be automatically updated as soon as the Nigerian Press Council (NPC) recruitment application form is out. You are hereby advised to bookmark or save this page and reload it regularly, because we are expecting the form to be out soon, and we will keep you updated once it happens.
We absolutely cherish your opinion, and we look forward to getting one. Kindly comment below using the comment section, if you are interested in this recruitment exercise or any other recruitment opportunity, as we will keep you updated as soon as there is an update on this recruitment application form (or available forms).