Have you ever wondered about how possible it is to get an Iceland Visa? Or have you heard people talk about interest and picked interest in the topic? Well, Iceland gives a Visa lottery application opportunity and we would do well to walk you through the procedures and steps you would take in order to get one for yourself.
The application portal for is open for all individuals. If you intend to migrate or visit Iceland, this article will be an eye opener for you as it contains all the necessary information then I will advise you to continue reading this article as it will enlighten you more about the Iceland Visa Lottery.
Iceland Visa Lottery Application Form
Iceland is a prominent country which boasts of a total population of about 332,529 and an area of 103,000 km2 (40,000 sq mi), which automatically makes it the most sparsely populated country in Europe.
They of course intend to accept more immigrants and they have visa for diverse kinds of immigrants. The Iceland Visa Lottery application form is open for Students, workers, Retired and Businessmen/women.
Requirements for For Iceland Visa Application.
- Go to their website, download the application form, fill it with the appropriate details(ensure you do not make mistakes and errors) and make sure all details correspond with matching documents which may be required later on.
- Attach two(2) photos; the photos must be attached and should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background(white preferably).
The background of the photo should depend on the requirements for the year of your application; it differs.
- Your National passport and copies of your previous visas (If you’ve been issued any in the past)
Every passport comes with a validity date so check that before application and make sure it3 months beyond your stay. Also, passport must possess at least two blank pages.
- Have a cover letter indicating the purpose of your travel to Iceland and itinerary
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Iceland
- Hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Iceland(or in some cases, sponsors address plus letter of invitation from sponsor and declaration to host you throughout your stay there)
- Proof of civil status
This could include:
birth certificate of children
death certificate of spouse if applicable, etc.
- Account Statement
This is needed to serve as a proof of sufficient finance that would serve for your accommodation, feeding and expenses throughout the period of your stay there.
As conveyed earlier by the european commission, a foreign national, according to the Icelandic Law when applying for an Icelandic Visa, must attest owning an amount of subsistence of 4,000 ISK or 28.83€/day.
Also, you need to know that a specific charge amount for entering into the territory of Iceland is required for each entry and the price is 20,000 ISK or 144.13€.
Additional Requirements Based On Your Working experience(s)
For Employed Applicants:
- Employment contract(Letter of appointment and contract duaration)
- Current bank statement of the previous 6 months
- Permission of leave from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Proof of enrollment(admission letter or invitation)
- Pension statement of the last Six(6) months
Additional Documents required for the Iceland Visa Application.
- Invitation letter from family, friends, colleague, boss or sponsor including their address and phone number.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
- A local medical report(Take a medical assessment/ test and present the results)
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Visa For Company, Work or Conference Purpose
If You are travelling on a company or work leave or conference, the following must be presented.
- License (first issued license and current renewal)
- Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Invitation letter from the company/agency you will be visiting.
- Address of the above company in Iceland.
- Date(s) of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
Iceland Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Invitation letter from the concerned authority or agency with details on the nature of events or activities – the purpose of visit, expense coverage
- Travel itinerary
Iceland Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Purpose of the journey (meetings, negotiations, consultations, event by intergovernmental organizations,)
- Duration of stay in Iceland
- Identity of applicant
Iceland Visa for Study, Training, Research, or another type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate or admission letter which shows that you have been selected to attend of courses in the institution or school.
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Visa or another type of entry permit in the transit country
- Possess a valid copy of your visa for your final destination
Note: These requirements might differ and some changes may be made. Before application, be sure to check out their official website to see the requirements for your country or kind of visit or contact them to hear from a professional.