In this article, I will inform you on all the steps you should take in applying for the UK Visa Lottery and as well walk you through all the necessary info and guidelines you might need throughout the process.
The reason we have taken interest in covering this topic is due to many searches, inquiries and questions of people in relation to this topic as well as other related topics.
Do you intend to apply for the UK visa but have no idea on how and where to begin? Do you find the whole procedures confusing? We’ve scripted this guide for you and we have made it as simple as possible.
Getting the UK Visa
Before application, make sure you are acquainted with the kinds of Uk visa available for application based on your country. This is necessary in order to ensure you do not get things mixed up and get frustrated along the line.
[irp posts=”4665″ name=”Canada Visa Lottery 2020/2021 Online Application Form/ Guide”]
What kind of visa do you need, study visa as a student, tourists visa as a tourist, visit visa, business visa, or is the Uk just a stop where you would only pass by in order to reach another country? then you’ll need a transit visa.
Below are Kinds of Visa Offered:
Types Of Visa Lottery For Application
You can choose to apply for any type of visa below if you possess the necessary requirements;
- Pilgrimage visa
- Diplomat visa
- Study visa
- Visitor visa
- Business Visa
- Farm worker visa
- Skilled worker visa
- Tourist visa
- Transit visa, Etc.
UK Visa lottery Application Form Requirements
Like I said earlier, certain requirements must be met before one can be issued a visa. These requirements could be general requirements or that of the immigration. Either of them must be adhered to strictly and failure to do so might mar one’s opportunity of being granted the Uk Visa.
- Applicant must possess an original Nigerian passport (ECOWAS) which will still be valid between 30 to 60 days of your intended stay at the United Kingdom.
Every passport comes with a validity date so check that before application and make sure it’s not invalid in less than 30 days of your intended stay. If found invalid, make sure to request for another before application.
2. One passport sized photograph on a white background with a photocopy.
This could change at the year of your application but it mostly is a white background. Just be sure to check the requirements on their website before going for a passport photograph.
3. Proof of permission to be in the UK e.g. green card , visa, resident permit etc.
4. Letter of invitation from family and friend or sponsors with which you’ll be staying with there.
This is quite important. If you have a family, friend, company or sponsor at the United Kingdom and they are willing to sponsor your trip and survival over there, You should include a letter from them stating their invitation and willingness to sponsor your stay in the UK.
5. Copy of round trip tickets or itinerary.
6. Financial or bank statement for the last 3 months
This is a very important prerequisite; this is done to run a check on your account, Know how much you make and if you would be able to sponsor your trip, hotel and feed throughout your stay there in order to ensure you won’t be a problem while there.
7. Birth certificate
8. If you are going there on a business trip, you will provide an attached copy of letter of invitation for a conference with full details on the company’s authorized representative like the phone numbers, and residential attachment for the duration of your stay for applicants on business trip or conference for business applicants.
9. Supporting letter from guardians, friends or sponsors.
10. Utility bills e.g Nepa bill.
11. Details of flight booking/hotel.
How To Apply For UK Visa Lottery 2020/2021
Applying for the Uk Visa is a very simple process only if you follow the right steps and procedures. We have carefully drafted out the steps for you below; read it.
[irp posts=”4707″ name=”US Green Visa Lottery 2020/2021 Registration- Apply Now”]
- Simply head over to their official portal: Click here
- You can also visit the UK immigration visa website to know the type of visa you will be applying for. (this is necessary based on the fact that visa fees may vary depending on the kind of the visa you would be applying for).
- Enter your details correctly in the spaces provided in block letters with a valid email address.
- You will be given a GWF number which should be taken care of as you will need it later.
- Date for your appointment will be sent to you via your email account, the venue and required documents.
- Click and submit your form
For the appointment, you will know to go with the following documents:
- A printed copy of your online application and appointment confirmation.
- Your passport(we stated earlier the features of the passport)
Your thumbprint (biometric) will be captured at the application center after payment of visa fee which will no longer be refundable once paid.
Attending the appointment is compulsory in order for you to be issued a visa. Make sure you attend your appointment at the time specified and venue to avoid delay and rebooking of appointment.
If all steps are duly followed and you are deemed fit for a United Kingdom Visa, in the next three to six working weeks, you would be contacted to get your visa.